- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- cooking spray
- Combine milk and vinegar in a medium-sized bowl and let it sit for 5 minutes. In the meantime, combine your flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Next, whisk the egg and the butter into the milk/vinegar mixture. Then whisk in the flower, etc. until you’ve got a smooth batter. It’s also imperative that you dance while whisking, the gyration helps loosen the clumps (and you’re mood).
- Heat a large skillet on medium and coat it with cooking spray (you can also use butter if you prefer or a non-stick skillet. Remember, cooking spray is NOT for use non-stick pots and pans). You can also use an electric griddle if you’d like to finally put to use the one you got as a wedding gift six months ago but haven’t even taken out of the box yet.
- When your griddle or skillet is hot, pour just enough batter onto the griddle to form a pancake that is approximately two inches across – this small amount should make the perfect stackable mini pancake for easy “skewering.” Cook until you see bubbles on the surface, then flip with a spatula and cook the other side until brown.
- Stack pancakes to desired height. For safety reasons, we recommend nothing taller than four stories. Stab your pancakes with your desired skewer, include a fruit of your choice for an additional layer of awesomeness. Serve with syrup.
Source by : blissfullydomestic.com
Mini Pancakes On A Stick,